I'm off to Boise. All my stuff is packed up and the guinea pig is packaged up in her carrier.
I probably won't have time to post again (and work on my software!) until sometime this weekend. The cable modem is supposed to be installed on Thursday. We'll see
Wish me luck!
I meant to write this earlier but I got carried away working on JoeBlogger
I'm moving to Boise for the next 5 months (back in July) to be with my wife. She is a doctor and her residency takes her to Boise for a year. She has already been out there since the beginning of July 2002, but it has been really hard being apart.
I've worked it out with my management so that I can telecommute. Everyone at MSFT has been super supportive about this. I think that the whole thing is just amazing. I'm looking forward to being able to really crank on stuff without all of the interuptions of being at the office.
Now all I have to do is avoid all of the "interuptions" at home
This is a test of an entry generated in my tool. I have to type in raw HTML right now, but everything appears to be working...
Here is a screen shot of the current UI:
Things yet to do...
I've also decided that storing the entries in an xml file per day is a bad idea. The timezones will get you. I store the timestamp on an entry using GMT but the XML file (which is used as input into the UI) is based on local time. I also use localtime all over the place in the UI. I'll probably move to a flat list of entries (one per XML file) at some point and just figure out the local day assignments at runtime. This will map much better to a real database anyway.