It's true -- Google is opening a development office in Kirkland. In fact, we are moving tonight into our new offices. So far there has been a small group of us working in some temporary offices. It is going to be nice to move into a more permanent space where we can actually talk about work in the hallways!
Other nice things about moving:
- Someone else is going to get and stock the drink fridge. We've been doing it so far by assigning people to make Costco runs.
- We'll have an espresso machine so we can all practice our barista skills.
- Conference rooms we can use any time we want.
- We can hang our own art on the walls.
- Faster connection to the internet and to Mountain View.
Google colored bean bags everywhere.Apparently the company that makes the google beanbags isn't making them any more. I didn't ask as I assume this is a long and complicated story. Don't worry -- we'll have foosball instead.
- Lots and lots of whiteboards.
Stay tuned for more details! We are planning an open house party so that Seattle knows we are here. I don't think we can invite thousands of people like Scoble is suggesting -- they just wouldn't fit. Unfortunately I won't be around for the party because I'm going to be out of town on a photography trip. I'm really disappointed I'm going to miss it.